Do you miss your bright pearly smile? Perhaps you can’t remember ever having one. While teeth vary in their natural shade, we definitely do a lot of things that stain our teeth. Here are a few reasons teeth change in appearance along with 3 benefits of having teeth whitened.
What Causes Discolouration of Teeth?
Teeth get stained and discolor over time, so some of the change may be normal wear and tear. However, here are a few things that discolor teeth over time:
- Using tobacco – This is the biggest culprit and causes the teeth to yellow the fastest.
- Beverages – Red wine, coffee, and black tea are some of Australia’s favorite drinks, but they also all contribute to stained teeth.
- Antibiotic tetracycline – When used as a treatment for children, this medication may lead to discolouration.
- Dental trauma – Teeth may change color if struck and damaged.
Benefits of Having Your Teeth Whitened
Why should you consider having your teeth whitened? Here are 3:
- To appear younger – Since teeth darken as we age, whiter teeth provide a youthful appearance.
- Improved self-esteem – It can provide a confidence boost to see a beautiful smile in the mirror.
- Make an impression – Whether you have a big job interview coming up or you’re trying to attract a potential spouse, the teeth are one of the first things a person notices.
Who to See for Professional Whitening
Of course, there are many household remedies for stained teeth such as baking soda, activated charcoal, and whitening toothpaste. However, experts recommend professional whitening for the best results. At Dens in Dente, we offer many types of cosmetic and aesthetic dental services including teeth whitening. To learn more call 02 8399 3661 or you can schedule an appointment online.
Comments are closed.